Background


Monday, January 10, 2011

Bitches get stuff done

I'll admit it: I get a little turned on from out-spoken, opinionated, on a mission women. Not in a lesbian way of course, but in a hooray-feminism-let's-all-burn-our-bras-together-the-Feminist-Mystique-girl-power-Spice-Girls kind of way. Also, I'm well aware that the Spice Girls are probably no longer a legitimate analogy for my point.

Hillary Clinton, Tina Fey, Madeleine Albright... all heroes in my secret I'm not going to tell anyone I really like them book. Reading about things they do/did, hearing them talk about things, seeing the envelopes they've pushed - all these things make me wonder if I could do something more important or be something more important. They've all got this air of confidence that says "Look at me. I'm awesome." I'm pretty sure they all watch this at the beginning of their day:



Now that's confidence.

I know what you're probably thinking. "But Candice, these are all Democrats. I thought you were a Republican." Yeah, well... I guess that's my dirty little secret. I think Democratic women are more awesome than Republican women. (Minus Nancy Pelosi of course; that one just gives me the heebie-jeebies) I mean, look who we have in our arsenal: Sarah Palin? Yeah... I think at first I thought she was awesome. Now I think most Republicans have written her off as a failed experiment. Condoleeza Rice? No, I like her. Maybe Sarah Palin is just the only one I can think of. Needless to say, I've never really thought "Hey, yeah! I want to get involved! Make a difference! Make it on my own! Toss my beret up in the air and spin around!" when I've heard Republican women speak.

Now that I think about it, maybe I've just been watching too much 30 Rock on Netflix lately... I really need to get cable...

No comments:

Post a Comment