Background


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fairy Tale = Crap

Perhaps I'm a glutton for punishment. Perhaps I have problems moving on. Perhaps I have a mite bit too much anger built up in my that makes me want to punch him in the face. Whatever the reason, I, without thinking about it, decided to look up the "ex" on Facebook. Which I've done before, I don't actually look at his profile... whatever. Weak moment. But instead of his ugly mug (let's face it, I wasn't really all that attracted to him and I'm saying this honestly and not as a bitter dumped woman) staring back at me it was that and a girl. The girlfriend. Skank. (Although I'm sure she's lovely and perhaps in another life we could have been friends (ha)... although if we were I'd seriously need to discuss her serious lack of sane judgment when it comes to guys).

I promise I definitely try not to be one of those bitter girls who bad mouths all of her exes and lets them ruin her life. Key word: try. And I promise I'm going to try not to bad mouth men. Key word again: try. But honestly? What the hell men?

You know what? I don't blame you members of the male society. I blame us, the women of this world. Or at least the parts of it that allow women to actually be first class citizens. I mean it's no wonder men tend to "do us wrong" and cheat/use/dump/blah blah blah. Long gone are the days of chivalry and kindness. And do you want to know why? Do you? I'll tell you why. It's gone because we've allowed it to be gone.

Now I'm not saying I want to be a helpless princess who depends solely on some man to make her happy. God knows that's not going to happen. I guess what I'm saying is that by telling men "hey, we don't need you" and insisting that we can do it ourselves maybe we've forced them to stop giving a crap about how they treat us.

Or maybe that's just me. I'm sure there's always some exception to this and for whatever woman who has found that guy, good for you. I'm sure you're living happily ever after and we all hate you for it.

But for those of us who were just "used until something better came along" what are we supposed to do? Are we supposed to still believe in fairy tales and think that one day our handsome prince is going to come riding in and save us from the tower of man-hating that we've built around us?

I would like to point out that I am, in fact, not a man-hater and actually do enjoy them, especially lawyers and pilots.

No comments:

Post a Comment